About This Site
This website is intended to serve as a shadow for the local government of Presque Isle Township. Its purpose is to make relevant township information available to all interested parties — as well as bringing into focus aspects of the local government that are perhaps worthy of closer scrutiny. Some of the materials available here will be identical to that found on the official township website. Other items may include information and/or documents that, at one time, were displayed but are no longer available for viewing. Some information or documents may never have been posted but are or have been available through the township offices. It is possible that some information/documents originated from the local government but have never been officially released to the general public.
In general, there are multiple reasons for the existence of this site — some of which are related to the following concerns expressed by members of the community ...
- Lack of public interest in the local governing process
- Limited availability of current township information such as meeting minutes
- Minutes of township meetings that do not accurately and/or fairly represent what took place
- Failure of the Board of Trustees to deal with issues in a timely manner
- Inconsistent or selective enforcement of township ordinances
- Cliques, cronyism and "inbreeding" within township officials
- Small interest groups that unduly influence the actions of the Board and committees
- Failure of the township to adequately utilize and support the volunteers available to them
- Lack of visibility of elected officials at local events
This site is a work in progress. It is privately owned and operated, but represents opinions, issues and concerns of a significant portion of the community — the silent majority, perhaps. As time goes on, additions, deletions and changes will occur. Commentary will ebb and flow. At times, you can expect things to be quite lively — at time, very tame. At a minimum, you should find it an interesting experience. Hopefully, more than just that.
This is not the official site for the Township of Presque Isle, Presque Isle County, Michigan. If you are looking for the official website for the local government of Presque Isle Township, click here.
Hwy 638 & US 23
Anyone who believes the competitive spirit in America is dead has never been in a supermarket when the cashier opens another check-out line.
... Ann Landers (1918-2002)